What’s Data Compass Premium Version?
Data Compass Premium Version is Data Compass with RAID data recovery Add-on. It’s the disk data recovery equipment built to extract data from failed hard drives and RAID system.)
Data Compass Premium is the tool you need on the last stage of the 3+1 Data Recovery Approach.
Data Compass Premium is a new version of our world-renowned Data Compass product.
- – Extra ability of raid data recovery was added;
- – An opportunity to import the image of the segment disks for analysis.
- -Data recovery from physically damaged HDDs is what Data Compass designed for, when extra ability of data recovery from RAID system was added in Premium version
- Data recovery from HDDs with severe multiple BAD sectors, which appear because of platter surface scratch or malfunction or instability of the magnetic head assembly (MHA).
- Data recovery from HDDs that start to produce “clicking” sounds, which may be caused by corruption of sector servo labels or a MHA malfunction. If some heads or surfaces are damaged it is possible (before installation of MHA replacement) to create a copy of data using the remaining good surfaces or drive heads.
- Data recovery from drives (especially Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 and 7200.11 HDD) with cache problem, which manifests itself as the following: Hard drive can be detected normally, but any attempt to access the data area returned with error.
- -Availability of tools for logical analysis of FAT and NTFS file systems in the software complex allows data recovery in cases, when a drive is functional and only logical data structure is corrupted.
- -When used with malfunctioning drives, Data Compass complex often allows selective extraction of data necessary to your customers without reading all data from a drive (“recover data by file” without creating a complete disk image) saving a lot of time. In some cases, when drive malfunctions cause constant self-damage (like scratches on disks or instable MHA) these are the only means to accomplish this task. With the ShadowDisk technology adopted, users need not to worry about the drive degradation problem.
- -Availability of utility for logical analysis (both manual and automatic) of RAID systems in the software complex allows data recovery in cases, when a RAID system is:
1)with segment disk(s) missing;
2)with parameters and/or configurations corrupted;
3)with hardware array card or server system damaged.
Data Compass complex functionality is not restricted to a limited list of models, it works with any HDDs (ATA, Serial ATA) connected to Data Compass hardware controller, with any format of drive image created and also with all media that can be normally connected to standard computer ports and identified by its operating system (except for CD and DVD drives).
** The original port built in Data Compass is 3.5″ PATA, drives with other types of interaces are to be connected to Data Compass via adapters provided.
- Raid 0
- Raid 1
- Raid 5
- Raid 5E
- Raid 5EE
** Include both the SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association) Common RAID Disk Data Format Specification Revision 01.00.00 Compatible RAID 0, RAID 5, RAID 5E and RAID 5EE and the SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association) Common RAID Disk Data Format Specification Revision 01.00.00 Incompatible RAID 0, RAID 5, RAID 5E and RAID 5EE, such as the following vendors and types:
- AMI Linux-standard
- Backward/ forward parity Dynamic