* Supported RAID Series
SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association) Common RAID Disk Data Format Specification Revision 01.00.00 Compatible RAID 0, RAID 5, RAID 5E and RAID 5EE.
SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association) Common RAID Disk Data Format Specification Revision 01.00.00 Incompatible RAID 0, RAID 5, RAID 5E and RAID 5EE, includes the following vendors and types:
backward/ forward parity Dynamic
* Supported RAID Type
* Supported Data Source Type
ISO segment drive image;
Original physical segment hard drive.
* Supported File System with DirectView/ DirectExtract Operation
FAT File System
NTFS File System
Ext2/Ext3 (supported after planned upgrade)
* Supported Working Modes
* Automatic Analysis, which works in the following cases
When there are segment drives missing;
When the MBR is missing
When MBR is not on sector 0
When partition linked list is corrupted
Automatic analysis and reconstruction of: RAID Disk Array, starting position of the data, stripe size and stripe order: Left Asynchronous, Left Synchronization, Right Asynchronous and Right Synchronization.
* Manual Analysis
Similar to WINHEX, but with a easy, quick and smart operation; users can have DirectView® to the data through DCEXP utility, so to verify the manually set parameters quickly and easily.
What can Data Compass Premium do?
* Data recovery from physically damaged HDDs is what Data Compass designed for, when extra ability of data recovery from RAID system was added in Premium version
* Data recovery from HDDs with severe multiple BAD sectors, which appear because of platter surface scratch or malfunction or instability of the magnetic head assembly (MHA).
* Data recovery from HDDs that start to produce “clicking” sounds, which may be caused by corruption of sector servo labels or a MHA malfunction. If some heads or surfaces are damaged it is possible (before installation of MHA replacement) to create a copy of data using the remaining good surfaces or drive heads.
* Data recovery from drives (especially Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 and 7200.11 HDD) with cache problem, which manifests itself as the following: Hard drive can be detected normally, but any attempt to access the data area returned with error.
* Availability of tools for logical analysis of FAT and NTFS file systems in the software complex allows data recovery in cases, when a drive is functional and only logical data structure is corrupted.
* When used with malfunctioning drives, Data Compass complex often allows selective extraction of data necessary to your customers without reading all data from a drive (“recover data by file” without creating a complete disk image) saving a lot of time. In some cases, when drive malfunctions cause constant self-damage (like scratches on disks or instable MHA) these are the only means to accomplish this task. With the ShadowDisk technology adopted, users need not to worry about the drive degradation problem.
* Availability of utility for logical analysis (both manual and automatic) of RAID systems in the software complex allows data recovery in cases, when a RAID system is:
1)with segment disk(s) missing;
2)with parameters and/or configurations corrupted;
3)with hardware array card or server system damaged.
If you are interested in more details like the datasheet and price of Data Compass Premium and coupon of purchasing SalvationDATA tools, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get it.
Data recovery Salon welcomes your comments and share with us your ideas, suggestions and experience. Data recovery salon is dedicated in sharing the most useful data recovery information with our users and only if you are good at data recovery or related knowledge, please kindly drop us an email and we will publish your article here. We need to make data recovery Salon to be the most professional and free data recovery E-book online.