For such kind of data loss like Invalid Partition Table, it’s usually not required to recover the data by data recovery company or by some professional data recovery tools, the following information will guide you to restore your PC and find the data back.
Current PC BIOS schemes use a master boot record (MBR) to begin the process of initializing the disk. The MBR begins with an entry called the master boot code, which contains an executable binary for the purpose of identifying and booting the active partition. If there’s an incorrect or missing active partition, you may receive an error like ‘Invalid Partition Table’ when you power up your computer.
How to Fix Invalid Partition Table?
* Boot up the computer with a Microsoft Windows 98 boot up disk or Windows XP recovery console. Select the correct bootup device before you do that.
* At the DOS command prompt, type in: fdisk
* Now, you will be prompted with the following question
Do you wish to enlarge large disk support (Y/N) ?
* Enter: Y
* Now to check for active partition, enter: 2
Look under the Status column. The active partition is usually assigned to the drive which contains your operating system.
* If there’s no active partition set, enter the number of the partition to make active
Restart your computer and the problem should be resolved.
Data recovery salon is dedicated in sharing the most useful data recovery information with our users and only if you are good at data recovery or related knowledge, please kindly drop us an email and we will publish your article here. We need to make data recovery Salon to be the most professional and free data recovery E-book online.