Hutil (The Drive Diagnostic Utility) is made with the aim of testing a Samsung hard disk drive while it is installed inside a PC, regardless of the status of user’s operating system. In fact of the drives returned to Samsung, a large percentage are NTF(“No Trouble Found”) after testing. So it is strongly recommended to test the drive if it is truly defective by a few fundamental troubleshooting of Hutil first, to avoid user’s unnecessary effort and inconvenience of replacing a good drive.
Hutil can test a drive solely manufactured by Samsung. It is strongly recommended to back up the user’s significant data in advance because Hutil has a Write operation that can erase it. Samsung has no responsibility of lost data. The version on pictures may be different from that you download.
* Hutil is a DOS based utility so it is needed to prepare a bootable 1.44-MB diskette in advance.
* Download Hutil_creator.exe on the diskette prepared from the internet. (Hutil_creator.exe is an auto extract execution file.)
* When you execute the Hutil_creator.exe, Hutil folder will be created and extract Hutil.exe and Hutilxxx.cfg files.
* Reboot the system by above diskette.
* Execute the program by typing A:\Hutil.exe in DOS mode.
* Please Back-up your data before executing this program. Hutil.exe and Hutilxxx.cfg have to be always together on same folder.
* All test results are logged in a file called HTxxxxxx.LOG on the diskette automatically. “xxxxxx” represents drive Serial Number from the 9th to the last.
* Log file of test result is useful to provide users with further technical support.