When you are sometimes clicking on the folder or drive in your computer, you may have one Search Window as following:
The annoying problem shown in the above window is very common and this failure is usually caused by some virus called ‘PET32.exe’, or it can also occur due to some other viruses which disrupt the windows registry.
The following tips will show you the way to fix this annoying problem:
**How to fix if search opens when you double click on folder in windows explorer:
We need to repair some registry entry damaged by virus corresponding to windows shell. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Start >> Run or press Window Key + r , this will open the run prompt.
2. Type “regedit” ( without quotes ) and press Enter.
3. Navigate to key
4. Double the registry key named Default and set the value to none.
This will restore the normal windows explorer behavior of opening a folder when you double click a folder rather than opening windows search.
**How to fix if search opens when you double click on any windows drive
1. Open Start >> Run or press Window key + r
2. Type “regsvr32 /i shell32.dll” ( without quotes ) and press Enter
After the command run successfully, you will see a message saying DllRegisterServer and DllInstall in Shell32.dll succeeded.