Sometimes your hidden files and folders are not visible even when they are explicitly enabled by Show hidden files and folders in Tools > Folder options > View menu. This failure is usually due to the attack of a virus or some malicious scripts.
The following troubleshooting tips will tell you how to fix this problem:
First and foremost is the point that the user has enabled the Show hidden files and folder
1. Go to Tools > Folder options. This will show a folder options menu.
2. Go to View tab and select the option “Show hidden files and folder”
The hidden files and folders are displayed by this method normally. But in case some virus or script is preventing the hidden files and folders from being visible, follow the below steps:
1. Go to your Start > Run, type regedit and press enter. This will open registry editor.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folde r\Hidden\SHOWALL
DELETE the value CheckedValue in the right window if it already there and type is REG_SZ
3. Double click the value called CheckedValue, and modify its data value (DWORD Value) to 1 (0×00000001) . Close registry editor after this.
If still folder options is reverted back to don’t show hidden files and folders then it could be due to some virus still in action.
Navigate to the following path:
In the NOHIDDEN folder, select CheckedValue and set the value to 1
4. Go to Tools > Folder options. This will show a folder options menu.
5. Go to View tab and select the option “Show hidden files and folder”
Learn more about computer help tips here