There are large number of viruses like NewFolder.exe virus, Funny UST Scandal avi.Exe , kinza.exe and W32.Rontokbro.B@mm virus which get your pen drives infected. Is this annoying?
Most of these viruses cause the following most common problems on your windows computer.
* Folder Options Hidden
* Task Manager Disabled
* Registry Editing Disabled
* Command Prompt Disabled
All the types of viruses which infect from your system, through a file called autorun.inf created on the root directory of your pen drive. So, when you double click your virus infected pen drive the virus automatically copy itself to your system.
Now let’s see how to backup data from pen drives which are infected by these viruses.
1. Firstly insert your pen drive into the USB port, windows will run autorun menu but don’t open your pen drive through autorun menu rather cancel it.
2. As your pen drive will get detected and will show under My Computer with a drive letter associated.
3. Press Window + R and type <drive letter of pendrive>: and press Enter.
4. Back up your files from your pen drive, but remember to copy files only not folders.
5. Now, Click on Tools >> Folder Options and Click the View tab.
Scroll down and select to show hidden files and folders and click Ok
6. Move back the focus to your pen drive, you will see many virus files and folder. Delete any files or folder which looks suspicious to you from your pen drive.
More useful data recovery tips and data security tips, please read here.