The problem can be caused by a short circuit on PCB or a spindle controller malfunction. One contact of the Master jumper is connected to the ground circuit, the other is linked through a resistor array to pin 59 of the SH6950 spindle controller chip, i.e. if the voltage at the contact is = 0V, the drive will act as Master, 5V – Slave. To identify the problem on PCB, use a multimeter to ensure that:
* One jumper contact is connected to the spindle controller chip.
* The other is connected to ground.
* There is no short circuit between pin 59 of the spindle controller chip and the ground.
* Check in the same manner the Cable Select line (pin 60 of the spindle controller chip).
* Check working voltages on pins 59 and 60 of the spindle controller chip.
Data recovery Salon welcomes your comments and share with us your ideas, suggestions and experience. Data recovery salon is dedicated in sharing the most useful data recovery information with our users and only if you are good at data recovery or related knowledge, please kindly drop us an email and we will publish your article here. We need to make data recovery Salon to be the most professional and free data recovery E-book online.