Fujitsu Limited has transferred its hard disk drive (HDD) business to Toshiba Corporation on October 1st, 2009. Fujitsu drive initializes itself at power-up as follows:
2. Self-diagnostics 1:
– data bus and MPU address test
– writing/reading test of microcircuit registers via internal data bus
– internal RAM writing/reading test.
3. Spindle motor start-up.
4. Self-diagnostics 2:
– buffer RAM writing/reading test.
5. Stabilizing the spindle motor rotation speed.
6. Heads release from latch (magnetic heads’ unparking).
7. Service data reading.
8. Recalibration start.
9. Setting itself in readiness mode (ATA command waiting).
Data recovery Salon welcomes your comments and share with us your ideas, suggestions and experience. Data recovery salon is dedicated in sharing the most useful data recovery information with our users and only if you are good at data recovery or related knowledge, please kindly drop us an email and we will publish your article here. We need to make data recovery Salon to be the most professional and free data recovery E-book online.